Open House Food Tips
If you’re hosting an open house, you’ll want to ensure you have some food available. Here are 10 open-house food ideas that will make your open-house a success:
1. Finger foods. Finger foods are always a hit at any party, and an open house is no exception. Consider offering some bite-sized appetizers that your guests can quickly grab and go.
2. Fresh fruit. Fresh fruit is a great way to ensure your guests have something healthy to nibble on.
3. Veggies and dip. Another healthy option that your guests are sure to love is veggies and dip. Offer a variety of chopped veggies, along with a variety of dips.
4. Cheese and crackers. Cheese and crackers is another classic open-house food option your guests will love. Be sure to offer a variety of cheeses, as well as some gluten-free crackers for those with dietary restrictions.
5. Sandwiches. Sandwiches are always a good option if you want to offer something a little more substantial. You can make them beforehand or set everything up so your guests can build their own.
6. Soup. Soup is another excellent option for an open house, especially if it’s chilly outside. Set up a crockpot with your favorite soup and let your guests help themselves.
7. Chili. Chili is another great option for an open house, especially if you’re expecting many people. Set up a crockpot with your chili and let your guests help themselves.
8. Dessert. No open house is complete without some dessert! Offer your guests a variety of cookies, brownies, or other sweets.
9. Coffee and tea. Make sure you have coffee and tea and some sugar and milk available for your guests if they want it.
10. Water. Don’t forget the most important beverage of all: water! Be sure to have plenty of water for your guests to stay hydrated.
By following these open-house food ideas, you’re sure to make your open-house a success!
Selling homes is my specialty! When you are ready to sell, give me a call, and together we can make your home sale a smooth and successful process!
Below are a few recipes from Better Homes and Gardens, BHG.com, that would be a great addition to your Open-house!
DIY Pimento Cheese
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup jarred pimentos or roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- In a medium bowl stir together cheese, mayonnaise, and paprika. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Pat pimentos dry with paper towels; fold into cheese mixture.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the ground sausage and baking mix. Using hands, thoroughly mix until combined, adding milk 1 Tbsp. at a time as needed. Add cheeses and chives; mix well. Divide mixture into about 1 1/2 Tbsp portions and roll into 1 1/2- inch balls. Arrange on prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly brown, 15 minutes. Serve immediately.