We are fully into Spring, which means more and more people are getting their homes ready to sell. With that comes the added stress of making sure you get the best price for your home. Here are six essential tips to help you maximize your chances of a successful sale:
- Hire an Agent: First and foremost, hire an agent. Their experience in the realty industry and local market will be invaluable for setting a fair price and marketing your house to potential buyers.
- Don’t Limit the Days Sellers Can View Your Home: If you limit the days people can view your home, you limit the number of potential buyers who can come by and consider it. By making yourself more accessible to buyers, you will increase your chances of getting more offers. If it’s not accessible, it could cost you by sitting on the market longer and ultimately selling for a lower price.
- Make Your Home Inviting: Get rid of any clutter, give the house a good cleaning, and make sure it has good curb appeal. Consider fresh paint, new fixtures in the kitchen or bathroom, and minor upgrades that can give it a modern feel without breaking the bank.
- Curb Appeal: The old saying, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression,” matters when selling your house. So make sure buyers have an immediate positive feeling when driving up. Simple steps like mowing the lawn, trimming shrubs, and adding a few plants can make your home attractive to potential buyers.
- Price it Right: As much as you may feel your home is unique and worth more, price it right. Lean on your real estate agent to give you the best advice on a fair ballpark price. Ultimately, the market will determine your home’s actual value.
- Consider Staging: Professional stagers can help you create the best possible impression of your home by staging it in the most inviting way. Or look at virtual staging services, which can help you create a 3D model of your home to give buyers an idea of what it looks like furnished.
Everyone selling their home wants three things: to sell it for the most money they can, to do it in a certain amount of time, and to do all of that with the fewest hassles. To accomplish these goals, let’s connect so you can understand the steps you need to take to sell your home this Spring.